1. Learn basic van maintenance yourselfChanging tyres, checking oil levels and replacing wiper fluid is not difficult at all. So, rather than paying a mechanic to do so, just do these chores yourself.
2. Shop around for insuranceEven half an hour spent comparing insurance packages can save you a wad of cash.
3. Buy good quality accessoriesIn the long run, it's cheaper to purchase high-quality tyres, cushions and other accessories as they will last longer - and you will not need to pay to replace them often.
4. Catch problems earlyCheck your van over at least once a fortnight to make sure that it's all running smoothly. Problems caught early are cheaper to fix.
5. Choose one of our fuel efficient vansIt's much cheaper to run.
6. Wash your van yourselfThis is actually fun to do in hot weather - and much cheaper than paying someone else to do it.
7. Buy secondhand accessoriesYou can get great quality accessories such as stoves, child seating and so on second hand very cheaply. Just make sure it is durable.
8. Save money on hotelsA camper van, or a regular van with a fold out bed in, will save you hundreds of pounds when you go on holiday. No need to pay for accommodation when you have your own!
9. Van shareUse a van sharing scheme which enables you to pick up and drop off friends when you were going the same way as them anyway in return for a contribution towards fuel money.
10. Use your van for your businessWhen you use your van either to advertise your business or as your means of transport to and from work it will not just save you money - it will actively be making you money with every mile.
Saving money when operating a van is so easy
Just try the 10 tips above and you will be surprised how much money you can save. So why not start budgeting for that fantastic new van right now?